Welcome to the Chop Shop


My name is Adam Franklin and I'm addicted to my imagination. I'm also addicted to storytelling, all things creative and coffee. As I dive into new artistic avenues, I plan on recording the journey here. Welcome to The Chop Shop.




7.20.2010

Album & Logo Design: The Enigmatic Foe



Just a little while back, I was approached by Jared Colinger, lead singer for The Enigmatic Foe, to come up with some designs for their latest independently released album. After forging through multiple design approaches, the field was narrowed down to the four choices above.

Here is how the finished album cover turned out:



And the final logo:



It was a good project to work on and a nice break from feature film logos. Film advertising is great for many reasons, but it's easy to lose your creative fire and begin to fall into design lulls. I feel that I still brought some of the feature film design aspects to the table, but was able to depart just enough to push the design into the realm of album covers.

Many thanks to Jared and The Enigmatic Foe. If you are in the Knoxville, TN area anytime soon, make sure to look up when their next show is going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment